Friday, March 28, 2014
The Guidelines: Mention the person who nominated you; list 11 random facts about yourself; answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you; nominate 11 up-and-coming bloggers; create a new set of 11 questions for your nominations.
Christine from "From the Lion's Den" was sweet enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award. She's an adorable lifestyle blogger originally from Los Angeles. I love her variety of posts and her fun and easy-going blogging style. She posts anything from food to fashion and anything in between. Definitely check out her blog and give her a follow!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have a serious problem with watching bad reality TV. I'm a Real Housewives addict. My favorite's are Beverly Hills and Orange County. I basically watch anything on E! And Bravo. It's definitely a guilty pleasure of mine! (I think Yolanda is my favorite).
2. When I was younger, I wanted to be a veterinarian. I love animals, but I realized that I would have to deal with animals that were sick or have to do surgery on them possibly. That's when I realized that I really just want to cuddle and pet them, so I changed my mind quickly haha.
3. I've subconsciously trained myself to sleep with my hand curled up under my face. I slept this way because I used to sleep with a stuffed animal bunny, but it's still the way that I usually fall asleep.
4. I currently attend the University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL. I'll be graduating in the first week of May with a major in Journalism and a minor in Marketing.
5. I'm a member of the Eta Eta chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma (at UCF).
6. I have extremely long and thick hair. I usually get comments on a daily basis about it, especially if I have my hair in a braid. I think it's definitely my best feature.
7. I really want to invent something! I love watching Shark Tank and my brother invented his own app, so it really makes me want to create something of my own too! The only problem is, I can't think of anything haha, sort of a dilemma.
8. My favorite colors to wear are jewel tones like fuchsia, emerald green and cobalt blue. Dresses are definitely my go-to outfits too.
9. I love designing things on InDesign or Photoshop. I recently designed my own Graduation invitation because I didn't like any of the other free e-vites online, and I made my own creative resume too.
10. I love to read, but I haven't really had much time to because of my schoolwork. I'm looking forward to having a bit of extra time once I graduate to start reading more again. Any good book suggestions?
11. I love the ocean and I love being on the boat and scurfing! Scurfing is like surfing, but behind a boat. You get really close to the back of the boat and use a skim board or surf board to ride the wake that the boat creates. You can even throw the rope back into the boat, so it's like you're actually surfing! Check out the picture of me below.
11 Questions From Christine:
1. Do you have a pet?
Yes, but not here at school in Orlando. I have a cat, Roxy, who is almost 7 years old. She stays at home with my parents since I'm not allowed to have pets in my apartment here. We actually trained her to sit and beg for treats. My boyfriend also has a two year old pit bull/plott hound mix that I love. They're both in the pictures below.
2. What's your biggest fashion Achilles' heel?
Sales! It's hard for me to say no to something if I see that it's on sale and that I'll be saving money. Sometimes it ends up being my excuse for buying something, even though I don't necessarily need it.
3. Can't leave home without?
My cell phone, wallet and chapstick. I love the eos brand. It looks like a little egg and comes in refreshing flavors. My favorites are lemon and mint.
4. What's something you used to wear and love but are totally embarrassed about now?
In the beginning of high school, the movie High School Musical was just coming out. I loved that movie and of course, Zac Efron. I had a heart locket necklace that had Zac Efron's face on it that I would wear occasionally. Yep, that's definitely embarrassing.
5. Favorite food to eat and/or cook?
Sushi is definitely one of my favorite foods! I've never tried to make it myself at home, but I would love to get a kit and try it sometime.
6. Ideal place to live?
I love the city I grew up in, near Clearwater, FL, which is where I'll be moving back to after I graduate. But I would love to travel to NYC and Los Angeles and other places in California. I think I would really love California because of the warmer weather - I definitely have an issue with the cold.
7. If you could do anything for a career, you would...
Being a personal stylist or a fashion buyer would be an amazing job. I love fashion and looking through clothes, so I feel like it would be an easy and fun job for me. I would also love to work for a fashion magazine.
8. Worst thing you've ever eaten?
Hmm, nothing comes to mind right away, but I'm not a big fan of green olives or brussel sprouts. I can eat them if I have to, and I still like dirty martinis, but I don't prefer them.
9. Favorite workout?
I've recently been using Tone It Up a lot. I love the girl's behind the brand, Karena and Katrina, and they make the workouts fun, but you definitely still get a great workout.
10. What's a current trend you are absolutely hating?
Eyebrow penciling. Shading in eyebrows a little bit to make them look fuller is totally fine, but girls have been taking it to a whole new level lately! They end up just making themselves look like clowns.
11. If you had to wear one brand for the next five years, which would it be?
I've always really like the clothes from Express. They have a lot of cute and fun clothes, but also a lot of clothes are good for the workplace - and they're all pretty reasonably priced. I have a lot of basic tops from there that go with a lot of outfits.
11 Questions for My Nominations to Answer:
1. What was your reason for starting your blog?
2. What's your favorite color to wear?
3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
4. What's your favorite thing to splurge on?
5. What are your guilty pleasure TV shows?
6. If I gave you $1 million tomorrow, what would you do with it?
7. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
8. What's one food you can't live without?
9. If you had to choose between not having breakfast or dessert for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
10. What's one designer you wish you could have everything in their collections?
11. What's one of your favorite quotes?
My 11 Up-and-Coming Blog Nominations:
1. Hillbillies in Heels
2. Pink Peonies
3. Vanilla Extract
4. Rachel Whitton
5. Spoonful of Sugar
6. Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget
7. A House in the Hills
8. Blogging Over Thyme
9. Averie Cooks
10. Envision Pretty
11. Edible Perspective