I grew up in Clearwater, FL surrounded by the ocean and I've always loved seafood. One of my favorite types of fish is salmon. Not only is it delicious, but also really healthy for you! It contains omega-3 fatty acids which are great for your heart and your brain by lowering your cholesterol and improving memory, among tons of other benefits.
The great thing about this maple salmon recipe is that it's super easy and great for beginner cooks - it's very low maintenance and only has three ingredients! It's also a meal that can be cooked for one person or a whole family. The ingredients below reflect a single serving size, but just multiply the ingredients to reflect how many people you'll be cooking for.
This meal is also clean, which means that I used all fresh and natural ingredients - no preservatives or additives - so you can eat well and still enjoy your meal!
I had my salmon over a bed of brown rice and quinoa with a side of asparagus and avocado. I would love to hear your experience if you decide to try this maple salmon. Also let me know if you try adding anything else into the ingredients. Have fun and enjoy!
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
5 - 7 ounces of salmon
- Put salmon in a bowl or dish and pour the maple syrup and soy sauce over top the piece of salmon.
- Work salmon into marinade and place covered in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place salmon into a baking dish (I like to put aluminum foil on the bottom to avoid a mess), and pour the remaining marinade over top of the fish.
- Bake uncovered in oven for about 20 minutes or until the fish is flaky.