This is one of my favorite dishes to prepare at night and store to bring to lunch at work. It's a simple dish with chicken, peppers and onions and only takes about 30 minutes total time to prep and cook, plus, it's a clean meal with no additives or extra ingredients you can't name.
The directions below serve three packed lunches for me, but double or triple the ingredients for a larger family or to prep additional meals.
Ingredients1 lb boneless chicken strips
3 bell peppers - I chose 2 green and 1 red
1 medium sized onion
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
Directions- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly coat a 13x9 clear baking dish with cooking spray
- Lay chicken in dish and drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle spices on top of chicken and toss around with hands to work into chicken
- Slice peppers and onions and add to dish with chicken
- Bake in oven uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout and veggies are tender
I put my chicken and veggies over a bit of brown rice, but you can make them for dinner and wrap them in tortillas like fajitas or just eat the chicken and veggies by themselves.
What's your favorite dish to bring to lunch?