Valentine's Day is known for it's sugary reputation, so I couldn't help but make these light yet delicious dark chocolate strawberry cups suggested on the Tone It Up website. I recently posted my version of their protein pancakes a few weeks ago. Check it out here.
These desserts are perfect for a party or just a dinner for two, like I did for my boyfriend and I for a Valentine's Day treat last week. They're low maintenance and not to heavy after dinner.
Ingredients2 cups dark chocolate chips
6-10 cupcake liners
1-2 cups fresh strawberries
Non-stick cooking spray
- Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute until melted
- Put cupcake liners in cupcake tin and spray the liners with non-stick cooking spray
- Spoon melted chocolate into liners and be sure to coat the full cup, including sides
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Check to make sure that the entire liner is coated in chocolate; touch-up missed spots and refrigerate again if necessary
- When ready to serve, take cups out of refrigerators and remove liners
- Slice fresh strawberries and place inside of chocolate cups
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings or crushed nuts as an extra garnish!